4DModel, manufacturer from China
4D-Models is a manufacturer from China. They released a line from military vehicles, airplanes, civil cars and ships.
- The military vehicles are announced as models in the 1/72 scale.
- The early releases are very poor and simplefied, the later released models a little better.
- A lot of the vehicles has the same trackunits and vinyl tracks.
- They also vary in scale, some are smaller right down to 1/87
- Some late releases has simplified more correct looking trackunits - as Sherman related, T-34 related, Pz.III, Pz. IV, Tiger I, etc.
- The kits are only playtools for young kids and possible usable for wargaming.
- You can found the models on Internet and E-Bay. - (prices around 2 US dollar each or 8 dollar for a box from 8 models)
- delivery: every box contains 8 different models
Conclusion: Warning!! - The first models are playtools and not acceptable for modellers.
But... The 4DModel kits are acceptable from kit 1088 and later - Scroll down
Click on the pictures
Available kits - (possible there are more models)
How the models looks:
For "Eric Yin's / Multiverse Blogspot" information about 4DModel / 4DPuzzleModel, visit:
Kits from Box 1
Japanese Type 98
Preview by Vojislav Jereb
Comments by Vojislav Jereb:
4D Model - M42 Duster in 1/72 scale
- Firt of all, the picture on the box does not depict the model inside at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with the model you get - it seems they
have photographed a 1/35 model for the boxart.
- The dimensions of the model are length - 79 mm and width - 48 mm which roughly matches the 1/72 scale (80,81 mm and 44,79 mm)
- Alltogether there are eleven parts for assembling plus two PVC tracks. The parts are pre-painted with a simple brown over green overspray.
- The number of wheels are wrong - seven main wheels (instead of 5) and 6 return rollers (instead of 3).
- Black PVC tracks are available, none rapresenting the real tracks. In two different box I got two different kind of tracks.
- The details are oversimplified and crude.
- The model can be assembled without glue.
- The completed and finished model barely reasembles the M42 Duster.
M1 with Mineplow
Opel Blitz Kfz. 305 & HMMWV 1046
It seems that the trucks are simple/basic but better then the earlier released kits above
For "M.Kerem ÷zkir's / MiniAFV.blogspot" review of 4DModels Opel Blitz Kfz. 305 & HMMWV 1046 visit:
Kits below are from higher quality and for some modellers acceptable
Kit 1088 - Willys Jeep
The box and instructions are very small, Box - 110 x 80 x 30 mm, Instructions - 100 x 123 mm, The detailing is quite primitive, and the casting is sloppy - note Alexander Terekhov
Kit 1092 - KRAZ-260B
Truck Parts - Kit 1092
Model built by Matthias Muth
Kit 1093 - Russian KrAZ-260B Truck with MAZ/ChMZAP-5247G Trailer
(Comments Alan Selby) - The quality of the Truck version (Kit 1092) is pretty good, the plastic is quite hard and has only a few sink marks (on the front bumper) so
4D Models have improved a lot from their earlier models. I bought these from 4D model's store on Aliexpress (£4.04 each for the trucks and £8.83 each for the
transporter) There was no outer box, they were just put in clear plastic bags, for shipment they were bundled up in a bubble wrap football for transport,
luckily all the kits were undamaged... phew!!
The other kit (kit 1093) is made of the same hard plastic as the truck version. I have seen some people say that the transporter trailer bed was warped on
their kits, I have two and both trailers are perfectly moulded with no distortion.
Truck & Trailer Parts - Kit 1093
Built model by Matthias Muth
Comment Matthias Muth: In the last pictures the trailer from Takom in front and the 4D behind
Kit 1094 - ZTD-05 Amphibious Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Email to HenkofHolland:
Note: This website is an extension of my modeling hobby and serves to inform only.
It is NOT possible to order merchandise directly from me.
I do not own a (web-)shop. You will find some reliable vendors in the "links" page.
E-mail to HenkofHolland
Note: To become a working e-mail address, replace in email address (at) with @
Valid HTML 4.0 Transitional